Monday 10 November 2014

Nobody Knows by Kyra Lennon - a review

Nobodyknowsebook(1)I don't often post reviews of books on my blog. But when someone as fantastic as Kyra Lennon asks me, I can't say no. She has been very active, launching this book, with Facebook parties and takeovers, and you'll probably have seen her book on many blogs over the past week.

I have always loved Kyra Lennon's voice - from the very first time I read her blog during the A-Z Challenge in 2012. She has an amazing way of putting you right in the middle of the story so that you really feel part of that world.

It makes the book unputdownable, And Nobody Knows is no exception, 

Ellie, Drew and Jason are childhood friends, all on the cusp of great career success, but the dynamics are changing, Brothers are falling apart, hidden feelings are rising to the surface.

Now, I've read this book before (during the beta stage), so technically, nothing should have been a surprise, but from about half-way through, I was holding my breath. The challenges that the three main characters have to overcome seem too vast to be conquered. You have to keep reading - because Kyra knows exactly how and when to end a chapter so you can't possibly close the book and go to sleep... No, you end up switching the light back on and reading some more!

Oh, and there was a tear or two. In fact, the line that got me started was: "Come here." Jason reached out to me. I kept a handkerchief close by from then on.

The story is, in turns, uplifting and heartbreaking, and plays on every girl's dream of hanging out with the band. 



kyra-lennon
Author Bio:
Kyra is a self-confessed book-a-holic, and has been since she first learned to read. When she's not reading, you'll usually find her hanging out in coffee shops with her trusty laptop and/or her friends, or girling it up at the nearest shopping mall.
Kyra grew up on the South Coast of England and refuses to move away from the seaside which provides massive inspiration for her novels. Her debut novel, Game On (New Adult Contemporary Romance), was released in July 2012, and she scored her first Amazon Top 20 listing with her New Adult novella, If I Let You Go.

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Amazon | Goodreads




Also (as if that isn't enough):
Kyra has compiled an anthology - with proceeds going to the Cat's Protection League - of cat-based stories (fiction and non-fiction). The anthology contains many bloggers you'll know - you might even be in it! Anyway, here's the link to buy it on Amazon UK




21 comments:

  1. Great review for Kyra's book! She does have a great voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annalisa,

    No, this is not your imagination. I'm actually here and typing a comment. Sorry about my absence, dear lady.

    Such a comprehensive review on Kyra's book. Proceeds going to the "Cat's Protection League", is such a thoughtful gesture. Even Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet superstar approves! :)

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary! Helloooooo. Perhaps we can do a dogs one next time? Hugs to Penny x

      Delete
  3. Hi Annalisa - Kyra's always writing, or dreaming of new ideas ... so I do wish her well with Nobody Knows .. it's a good title - as we don't know ... life does change ..

    It's good she's written an anthology to help the Cat's Protection League .. good luck to her - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Hilary, she's always on the go, which is good, because I'm waiting for her next book now :-)

      Delete
  4. Kyra is wonderful! Perfect post, Annalisa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kyra is obviously a name to watch out for - and from her photo she's young enough to have hundreds more books to offer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice review and great support of a friend and good author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been out of commission for a little bit, my computer had a virus. I knew I was missing out on some good things!! Working my way back around to everyone now. Big Congrats to Kyra, sorry I missed out on this. And great review from you Annalisa!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Kyra! Man, what a review. It's hard to NOT want to read this now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Annalisa! Downloaded and on my 'to read' Kindle pile! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review! I have Kyra's book waiting for me on my Kindle. Can't wait to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.