Wednesday 23 May 2012

Some more awards...





The lovely Lisa from Diary of a Square Toothed Girl, has awarded me a Kreativ Blogger and One Lovely Blog Award . Thank you so much Lisa!

And Tara from Tara Tyler Talks has passed me a Kreativ Blogger and The Versatile Blogger award in such a fantastic way, that I know I'm not going to come close, so I'm not going to try to be as kreativ I'm just going to answer the questions that came from Lisa's awards. Sorry Tara!

I've had all of these awards before, but because I've recently gained a lot of new followers, I thought I'd accept them properly, and maybe even pass them on in the correct fashion too!

So, here goes: some questions, followed by - hopefully - ten random facts about myself.


What is your favorite song?
So hard, because I love music so much. I'll plump for Wetsuit by The Vaccines, as my song of the day, although that's closely followed by Norgaard, also by The Vaccines. The fact that I'm currently listening to their album has in no way influenced my answers!



What is your favorite dessert?
Anything with chocolate in it. I've been known to select restaurants based solely on their dessert menu. 


When you are upset, what do you do?
I go and sit in my bedroom. No, I'm not twelve, I just happen to have a really nice, peaceful bedroom. If it's a really bad day, I'll get into bed too!

What was your favorite pet?
I had a rabbit called Mufti when I was about 14. He lived in the house, in a two-storey hutch, and he followed us aound the house like a dog. He was a sickly rabbit, unfortunately, and didn't live as long as he should have :-(

What do you prefer to wear, black or white?
They are just colours that belong with other colours, so I don't even have an opinion of them.

What is your biggest fear?
Heights.

What is your attitude mostly?
I believe everything will turn out okay. It might be tough getting there, but we are all destined to have our needs met.

What is perfection to you?
Yesterday afternoon was pretty perfect - lunch by the sea, at a great pub, with Hubby, in the sunshine.


What is your guilty pleasure?
Meeting a friend for coffee, even though I've got enough housework to occupy an army, and I'm still struggling to get words down on the page. Or having lunch with Hubby!

Ten Random Things about me: 
  1. I'm not that interesting, so some of these may be repeats of the 'random facts' I shared last time.
  2. Sometimes I can't be bothered to get up, so I'll listen to the same CD on repeat all day.
  3. I love buying nail varnish - really bright colours - but only for my toes.
  4. I ran away from home when I was two. Mum gave me the bus fare, then had to chase me up the road to bring me back.
  5. I'm very bad at walking in high heels. I prefer trainers.
  6. I'm very bad at Scrabble. I play against Hubby, on our board or on Facebook, and he usually wins.
  7. I used to have a crush on one of the Cbeebies presenters (UK) - I was quite gutted when my kids outgrew the channel.
  8. I have five tattoos - and would definitely like more.
  9. I hate the process of being tattooed - I'm really not good with pain. I implement the breathing technique used during labour.
  10. I'm a very bad cook, and Hubby does most of it. 
And I'm passing these awards on to the following people... (I'm selecting from my newbies, because I can't remember which of my ahem... oldies I've given them to in the past!) Feel free to choose which award you want. 
 (For info: All the awards started as 7 interesting/random facts, so I'm not sure where the questions deviation came from!)

Kate @ The Suddenly Kate Show
Lizy @ Lizy-Expat-Writer
Elizabeth @ Use Your Words

I'd love to pass this award on to lots more people, but all that clicking and pasting makes my wrist hurt... (and yes, I am aware that this is a lame excuse... many apologies!)

Please come back on Friday for Kyra Lennon's visit to my blog!

32 comments:

  1. LOL at random fact number 4! And I am not a very good cook either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you are pretty interesting. I actually enjoyed your facts. I only have one tattoo and would definitely love more. According to my mom, I ran away from home too, but I can't remember it. I think she is just trying to guilt trip me. Congratulations with your awards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Murees. Tattoos can be addictive - I had my first three within a couple of months of each other.

      Delete
  3. You're not boring! But tattoos? Not for me. A bit of advice from a Nan's perspective - don't get one anywhere that's going to wrinkle later, and the cleavage is a definite no-no - I've seen some real disasters on women my age!
    I am thrilled to be given an award but I am such a newbie that I don't know what to do with it! Will have to ask TBers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of my tattoos are in places easily covered up, so no fear there :-)

      If you get stuck with the award, just give me a shout!

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on the high heels and playing Scrabble. I'd rather wear sandals or go barefoot, though, than sneakers, but they're still better than heels. And Scrabble? I like to play, I'm just not all that good at coming up with the words so quickly - I'd rather put them in a story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barefoot and sandals are good too, but I work in trainers, so I appreciate the comfort!

      Delete
  5. Gratz on all your lovely awards hun. I do no2 all the time (childish laugh at no2!) I do it with movies as well if I have them playing in the background, I just let the DVD repeat itself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Equally childish snigger at No2 here as well lol!

      Delete
  6. Thank you so very much! I may just cut and paste your answers...we have SO MUCH in common!! I only paint my toes; my mother packed my bags for me to run away then grounded me because I succeeded (long story); and I too will shuck off work for hubby or friends...there are more but I must go stare at my award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be over to check out your other facts soon!

      Delete
  7. loved your perfect day. i miss living on a coast to enjoy those sights! and i match many of your facts, not the tats but #3 & #10 especially! thanks for the shout back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never forget how lucky I am to live where I do - I'm not on the coast myself, but that picture was only half an hour away.

      Delete
  8. I am a tattoo fan too!! I only have one though, but I designed it and I also employ the labor breathing technique when getting one,,,:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your tattoo like? I got some strange looks when I was breathing, so I'm glad I'm not the only one :-)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on all these awards.

    "I'm not that interesting..." You slay me!

    I have 2 tattoos. Want a 3rd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once you start, you just can't stop, can you?

      Delete
  10. I go to my room too when I get angry. Or the shower. Peaceful places for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel like a stroppy teenager when I do it though :-)

      Delete
  11. Congrats on all your awards! I'm not big on heights either...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You mean there's desserts without chocolate??? Never.

    I have one tattoo and wanted a second one, but my 12 yo lectured me on the health risks associated with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I'm sure the dessert thing is just a myth :-D

      Wait a few years and I'm sure your 12 year old will be wanting some - you can go together!

      Delete
  13. congrats on the awards! i laughed at random fact#4:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nutschell! Not sure my mum was laughing, but I think I taught her something about parenting!

      Delete
  14. Firstly who are you calling an oldie?! Ok so maybe I am a bit grey under all this hair dye but still... I'd love to have an it'll turn out ok attitude. You sound so much more laid back than me. And you have tattoos! Now that's brave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, sorry Rosalind - oldie in the sense of 'long-standing follower' :-)

      I think I'm laid back about the big things, but I don't half get stressed by the stuff that doesn't really matter!

      Delete
  15. Congrats on all the awards:) Loved your facts... You ran away at 2... you must have been high spirited even then:) Cool details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High-spirited or nightmare child, you decide :-)

      Delete
  16. Chocolate dessert? Me too, please! And I also suck at walking in heels. I don't know how some people can do it all day long!
    I have one tattoo. I would like more, but then I always try to imagine what I'd look like as an eighty-year old with tattoos (and remind myself of the pain), and that helps me NOT get any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But at 80 I don't plan to be flashing my flesh, so the only person who'll see wrinkly tattoos is me (and maybe Hubby!)

      Delete
  17. I don't remember the last time I wore high heels. Flats are just so much more comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.